- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 large oranges
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Blazing Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. toasted coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (15 oz) can of reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- Fresh ground black pepper
In a small sauce pan, bring water to a boil with quinoa. Once the water boils, cover and simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove the quinoa from heat and let it sit for about 5 more minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
While the quinoa is cooling, finely grate the zest of one orange. Then segment both oranges. Squeeze the remaining membranes for the juice and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the orange zest, the juice of the oranges, olive oil, Blazing Apple Cider Vinegar, honey, coriander seeds, salt, cilantro and black pepper.
Place the black beans, quinoa, and orange segments in a large bowl and lightly toss with the dressing. Place in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving.